Xmas

Coming back to memoirs again, today I am going to talk about Xmas

Xmas is surely not as important as Durga Puja is in my life. But, I have always loved Xmas as I love Jesus a lot. Even the time, when I knew not anything about Jesus, I used to read his stories and some biblical stories written for children only.

I used to hang stockings on door handle (we didn’t have a fireplace/mantle piece), and reminded my parents of that. I knew that my father is the only Santa I have in my life, but still I like to believe in Santas and elves.


Even today, I do the same, and without ant fail my stockings fills in with presents. I love the feeling, it brings back your childhood and never lets the child inside you die. I love Xmas because I love to relive my childhood. 




This is Day 24 for the April A-Z Blogging Challenge, 2014. Today's theme- Alphabet X

Comments

  1. I loved your post - so innocent so pure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the letter 'X'!

    Stopping by to say 'hi', from the A-Z Challenge!
    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, believing in Jesus and doing the Durga puja doesn't feel odd?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am struck by this sentence "I knew that my father is the only Santa I have in my life, but still I like to believe in Santas and elves." Dads always have a special place in their daughter's minds. Stopping by from the A to Z challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Read it? Now drop a comment to make my day!

Popular Posts