There is a Place...

Source


There is a place,
Where I can go,
Without the burden,
Of my broken dreams,
Withered life.

There is a place,
Where I can be,
In sickness in health,
Alone or together,
Be myself.

There is a place,
Where I can breathe,
Without smelling
My burnt heart,
Reeking love.

There is a place,
Where I can live,
With me, and only me,
Like an isolated soul,
Desolate star.


This poem is linked to-
*Carry On Tuesday (prompt- Opening lines of The Beatles 1963 album track "There's a Place")



Comments

  1. And the moment is the time spent in solitude or with one's soul mate...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... I would love to be in such a place :-) Your words flowed like a dream ... how do you create such magic every time? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sayantini,

    Lovely poem.
    So, where is this place, which you speak of in the poem, in your case?

    Regards

    Jay
    My Blog | My FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who will not want such a place...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great place. So important to shed the masks and just be ourselves. I like how expressed this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so great to have somewhere to go and be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. solitude is fine, but loneliness is deadly....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to spend some time there! lovely poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "My burnt heart, reeking love." Ah! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. withered love, reeking love, isolated soul.. just awesome... i wish such hypothetical place does exist.. world is in dire need of such place..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely thoughts and well expressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is real for me.......and I am always living........

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ♥ that place too!
    Beautiful poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So deep and beautiful. U sure write !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Read it? Now drop a comment to make my day!

Popular Posts